Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Black Friar - BEST food I had in London!!

One evening, Vitina, a fellow Maryville student and new friend, and I trekked across London to dine at The Black Friar. Aside from having the best salmon I've ever had in my LIFE, it was a really neat pub. The location (right next to a railway line) and shape (described as a "narrow wedge) of the pub is unique, but it does have ample space for a beer garden.  

Vitina and I dined indoors. It was a crazy hot day for London, so I could think of nothing else but an ice cold Diet Pepsi. Vitina sampled beer. After briefly scoping out the interior of The Black Friar, we decided on a table off in a corner so we could have a good view of everyone who came in. I ordered another Diet Pepsi. (Hey, it was REALLY hot and most of London doesn't have air conditioning.) Our food arrived and it was nothing short of spectacular. I mean, WOW. I had salmon with a cream cheese sauce on a pastry, topped with grilled vegetables. Also on my plate were potatoes and a small "salad." I use quotation marks around "salad" because it must have been the British version of a salad. Vitina and I tried hard to finish our wonderful dinners, but left the table defeated. We headed outside to sit in the beer garden and watch the city go by. 

Gorgeous stained glass
True that.
Also very true
The details were incredible at The Black Friar.

Plaque
SERIOUSLY the best salmon I've ever had

Vitina's yummy dish

See the friar statue at the top?
Took a while to get there, but it was SO worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment